Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I love museums, I'm finally able to cross the Guggenheim off my to do list. The architecture is amazing but as for the galleries, I wasn't too impressed. Many galleries were closed off, so I only seen two floors but I definitely enjoyed the scenery & Pablo Picasso Pieces. I became fascinated by his artwork & I'm glad I was able to learn the history behind some of it. Photography was prohibited inside the museum & even though I was scolded 2x for snapping some..I was able to sneak a few shots of my favorite pieces.



Femme aux cheveux jaunes ( Woman with Yellow Hair ) by Picasso
Portrait of Marie-Thérèse, whom was not only Picasso's muse but his Mistress
He later left her for another mistress but Picasso's paintings of Marie are known to be his most intimate. I really fell in love with this painting & the story behind it. Also that he has hidden her initials in all his paintings of her..how romantic.

Paris and the Avant-Garde


The amazing architecture


I don't know the name of this exhibition but it definitely was a crowd pleaser.
People sat around and gazed at them practically making love on the floor.
After the museum we headed to Central Park, the view was GORGEOUS!




I was so cold, almost couldn't move my face.

Last stop was Flor De Mayo..DELICIOUS food! & cheap too! $8 bucks!

Passed this on my way home, I'm stoked for March 5th!
Next on the list....International Center of Photography Museum. Can't wait for this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE how cultured you are!
    The 1st 2 Paris pieces, amazing!
    Flor De Mayo is the SHIT!
    &
    Tim Burton is one dark man, can't wait to see Alice.... Johnny Depp is extraordinary as well! Mr_ink

    ReplyDelete